4/16/2013

I enjoyed an afternoon of birding in Dakota and Olmsted Counties, with Tod
Eggenberger.  We enjoyed most of the previously reported waterfowl at the 180th
Street marsh.  Only missing the Tundra Swans and Yellow-headed Blackbirds.
Between the 180th Street marsh and the Silver Creek Reservoir in Rochester we
observed 22 species of waterfowl.   We were also able to relocate the Hudsonian
Godwit's that were posted to the Minnesota Birding Facebook page.  They were
located in a flooded field on the South side of Highway 52, 1.75 miles West of
CR 1 (Simpson Road SE).  This field would also be visible from 37th St SE.  To
reach the 37th St SE, viewing area.  Exit Highway 52 at CR 1 and go South to
30th Ave SE and turn left on 30th Ave SE.  Follow this North to 37th St SE and
turn right on 37th St SE.  Continue past 36th Ave SE and watch for the
shorebirds on your left. We were able to relocate the following species at the
Olmsted county location: Greater YellowlegsLesser YellowlegsHudsonian
GodwitBaird's SandpiperPectoral SandpiperWilson's SnipeKilldeer Thanks for all
the postings and help in refinding these birds, Craig Craig
MandelEgretCMan@msn.comMinnetonka, Hennepin County