With the warmer temps the birds have erupted around the resort grounds. We
still have many inches of snow to melt and 32 inches of ice on the lake but
birds are arriving with something new each day. I am hoping I will be seeing
the
warblers soon.
To mention a few of the birds I am seeing:
Northern Flickers, we have many foraging around.
Purple finches, huge flocks of Juncos & red winged blackbirds.
Fox sparrows: I would not have noticed them however their song caught my
attention. I will see them singing in a tree or foraging in my flower beds,
they
blend in so well but the rusty color is distinctive.
The purple martin scouts arrived this morning and I am sure it won't be long
and the flock will show up. We have had them coming for years and years.
We still have a northern cardinal which is exciting for us here in the north.
I also have been still seeing the Evening grosbeak here and there, never know
when they will be around. One was at a feeder today and later another ground
feeding in a different spot. Sometimes I will see around 6 or so, it always
varies.
Here is a link of some of the birds:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?
set=a.556840124339227.1073741831.229742137049029&type=1

Linda Schumann
Rainbow Resort
Becker County
www.rainbowresort.com