Monday morning I drove Black Dog Road in Burnsville and found 13 species of
waterfowl including FOY No. Shoveler, Canvasback,  Pied-billed Grebe,
Gadwell, Ring-neck Duck.  There were large flocks of Wood Ducks (mostly in
pairs), Hooded Mergansers, and scaup.  There was a large raft of mixed
divers that were too far for my binoculars to accurately survey.  I also
found a cormorant and a Turkey Vulture.  Red-winged Blackbirds were on
territory.  I counted six at one small marsh by Hwy 280 in St. Paul.  Just
north of 280 in Roseville I heard my first Killdeer.  I also found Grackles
in several locations, large flocks of Juncos everywhere, and a Fox Sparrow
near Acacia Cemetery in Mendota Heights.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net