There has been a pair of merlins nesting this year at corner of Butler and
Smith Ave. in West St. Paul. According to the homeowner at the location they
have fledged 3 chicks recently and there has been a nesting at this location
for 4-5 years. This is news to me, although it being about half a mile from my
house I suspect this is the same merlin pair I have seen the past two springs
in my part of the neighborhood. The adult birds may be easily viewed perched in
a partially dead ash tree near the SE corner of the intersection.

Tom Klein
West Side of St. Paul