Hi all,

I wish to thank everyone for the informative discussion on this pending
legislation.  I value the listserv for the many observations that come to
me about what is being seen, but also for discussions such as this that
inform us about pending decisions that might impact us.

I for one participate in and coordinate several studies that collect data
on birds and other animals and even plants.   I have also led many field
trips mostly for kids, but often of adults.  I occasional use recordings
for call backs, but mostly I generate my own noises.  I mostly use the
recordings to introduce people to what they should be listening for.  I
have introduced several people to where and how to find owls, which usually
involves in prompting the owls to respond to my whistles.

I am lucky to know my state senator well.  Whenever he (and his wife) see
me, they first tell me what birds they are seeing around their house.  I am
planning on writing him a letter about this legislation.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net