Greetings State Fair volunteers,

The first message was rejected because it included the Google calendar directions as an attachment. The following is the volunteer announcement and the Google calendar directions.

Once again, the MOU has been invited to promote birds and bird
conservation at the Minnesota State Fair (8/21-9/1).  There is a change
this year; because of budget constraints, the DNR will no longer be able
to offer complimentary tickets.Volunteers will pay their own admission.
The cost of admission can be reduced by buying a discount ticket at Cub
for $10.  Those tickets will be available after July 6 and until they
are gone.  Another way to save is to go to the State Fair website (I
googled MN State Fair admission) where posted are various options for
discount days.  Volunteers who sign up early could choose one of the
discount days.  In addition, the price of admission could be taken as
donation on your tax return because MOU is a non-profit organization.

We are hopeful that volunteers who enjoy working at the MOU booth and
visiting with fair-goers about birds will continue this great end of
summer tradition by signing up to work the MOU booth.  Please sign up by
July 15; we will have to discontinue our booth at the fair if we do not
have enough volunteers signed up by mid-July.

Please know that we are looking into other options to cover the cost of
the tickets in the future, including foundation grants or corporate
sponsors.  We learned of the change of policy too late to do anything
about it this year.  It will be especially helpful for you to email us
and indicate whether or not the $10+ cost of a State Fair ticket will
influence your decision not to volunteer this year.

The Google calendar is ready for sign up.    Please feel free to email
Jen or me with your shift choice(s) and we will be happy to sign you up.

Http://google.com
1 sign in using the red button on the right hand side of your screen.
    Login/emailname: mouvolunteer
    Password: ilovemou
Please note:  As google continues to evolve, there are some steps that
are different for some users than in past years.  On some screens the
button on the google.com screen is blue. It says, “sign Inâ€. On some
versions you need to click on the icon of a 9 box grid in the upper
right hand side of the screen to get the option to choose “calendarâ€.
2. Click on the word “calendar†on the black bar along the top of the
screen
3. On the calendar screen, you’ll be on today’s date. Use the arrows
to jump ahead to the fair dates.
4.  Find the shift you want and double-click it.
5.  Put your name in the box right after the shift title.
6.  Click “saveâ€.
Please email  your contact information if it has changed or if you are a
new volunteer so you can be sent information about your shift.
Additionally:  If you don’t like to mess around the calendar, simply
email Jen or me and indicate the shift(s) you would like to sign up for.
THANKS to our volunteers and the list serves for posting this message.
Kate Kelnberger: kkelnber...@boreal.org
Jen Vieth: jenni...@carpenternaturecenter.org