I sent the emails from Thursday to Michelle who rescues and rehabs animals
through Wildlife Intensive and Critical Care.  She had someone go out yesterday
by the name of Kelly who after searching for a while found the black swan.  As
of yesterday she said that it was strong, hanging out with a group of mallards
in a small area of open water on Lake Harriet and could fly. I let Kelly know
what the comments were from this morning but she is sick today and asked me to
forward them to Michelle. Michelle's response was that there are a couple
people who live by the lake who are monitoring the situation and will keep her
posted. If things deteriorate or if the black swan shows up again this
afternoon (I guess it wasn't there last time someone looked about 1:00 PM) the
plan is to go out there tonight and try to rescue him/her.

If people can post here as soon as possible if they see the black swan today or
tomorrow I can pass the information on to Michelle as well.  The fastest way to
contact me is via my cell phone through text so if someone would like to email
me directly I can send you my cell phone as well as Michelle cell phone via
email rather than posted here for everyone to see.

Thanks.

Beth

> On Dec 17, 2016, at 1:17 PM, birdman6847 <birdman6...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think calling the local news media is not a bad idea.
> Just sayin....
>

> Thomas Patrick Malone
> Dunedin Florida
> Meadowlands Minnesota
> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DDevice
>
> -------- Original message --------From: Pat Norton <55norto...@gmail.com>
> Date: 12/17/16  09:36  (GMT-05:00) To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU Subject: Re:
> [mou-net] Black Swan on Lake Harriet, Hennepin Co.
> I have a kayak. I'm not a great kayaker, but it would beat the rescue
> boards.
>
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 8:33 AM, ihatehicks666 <ihatehicks...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If I had a boat, I'd be out there in a flash. I work today, but if there
>> are any attempts to do a rescue, I'd be able to help tomorrow afternoon.
>>
>> I've posted on MAARS Facebook page, and also on Kare 11's page.
>>

>> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Warning: Don't Use Probiotics Before You See This
Gundry MD
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5855b9761fde339754359st04duc