We have been seeing a single Rough-legged Hawk in this area for several weeks, but this morning we saw two of them while driving east on Hwy. 610.  They both were in the open area that comprises the SW quadrant of the Hwy. 610/Hwy. 169 interchange.

Around noon we went back with a scope and camera to better view and document them.  We got a positive ID via a brief scope view of one from along Decatur Drive (on the southwest side of the open area) but no photos.  It then flew north across 610 and perched along the westbound ramp from southbound 169, and we subsequently got a brief, very close view from that ramp, but again got no photos.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no legal parking location from which to get good views of these hawks, either on the north or south sides of Hwy. 610.

---Ron & Maureen Refsnider