Our next meeting is:
Date:  April 18, 2019
Time:  7:00 p.m.
Place:  Southdale Library,
Ethel Berry Meeting Room, 2nd floor
7001 York Ave S, Edina, MN 55435
612-543-5900
Agenda:  Discuss 2018 survey findings and make plans for this year.

All MOU members are encouraged to attend this meeting and to participate
in at least one day helping survey in Pine County.

Tenative Survey Plans are:
1.      Assign Teams of 2 Birders to an area in Pine County along WI border.
2.      Use some Autos or ATV’s for maximum coverage.
3.      Start search May 10 on any day that volunteers are available.
4.      Best time to search is 30 minutes before sunrise to 10:00 a.m.
5.      Do not search in inclement weather (cold , windy, raining).
6.      Each Team should have a cell phone with booster amplifier/speakers,
GPS, Guide book, binoculars, a notebook and a means of playing KIWA
mating song.
7.      Search should be continuous for a minimum of 3-4 weeks.
8.      Volunteers set their own schedule but should try to check at least
once per week for a minimum of three weeks.
9.      If any birds are detected, stop recording and try to see if the bird
has
a band and take picture?
10.     Record Date, time, and GPS coordinates in a note book and back out
of area.
11.     Report sighting to Angie Begosh or Jack Hauser via email.
12.     Place Hanging Blueberry feeders in Jack Pine habitat with field camera
if available.