August is the time of year that nesting has been completed and groups start
forming for communal roosting.  There is a chimney at the corner of 22nd
and Lyndale Ave S that I saw close to 200 birds enter the chimney to roost
a few years back.  It looks like a giant tornado of swift.

I find it amazing that the parents are able to raise young in the tiny nest
they form.  Here is an image from 2010 of a nest in Renville County, Morton
MN:

http://www.naturepixels.com/g2/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=38816&g2_serialNumber=3