Hi Missy (and all),

Yesterday morning at Sherburne NWR there were shorebirds at two spots along
the wildlife drive. Among them were a few from your list, should you be
looking to track them down still (such as Least, Semipalmated Sandpipers,
Solitary), plus Pectoral (just one), both Yellowlegs, Snipe, and of course
Killdeer.  And one that is driving me nuts trying to ID. I've got a couple
of bad pictures that are not helping much with that  :)

Anyway, a nice morning there overall with about 80 species but, as Linda
noted in her email yesterday re: Carver Park, I too was expecting some
warbler/songbird movement after the storm the night before, but found
virtually none. Aside from shorebirds, the only definite migrant I found
was an Olive-Sided Flycatcher. Also perhaps of note was a Merlin, which is
listed as "rare" in summer on the refuge's checklist.

Kyle Te Poel
Stillwater Township, MN