Thanks all for the responses on the Osprey and the red fish.  The
prevailing opinion / wisdom is this is either a koi or goldfish that has
made its way out into the world at large.  From the responses, this is more
common than I would have imagined.

Jim Levitt who is a DNR fisheries biologist is one who responded to me, I
will paste his response here since it looks like he didn't respond to the
whole group and I find it interesting..(he has given me permission to share
his response)

Brian,
I am pretty sure that it is carrying a goldfish or koi. They are present in
a lot of our lakes and ponds in the metro. I am a DNR fisheries biologist
and get the emails about goldfish and koi frequently and we see them in our
netting surveys. Natural selection doesn't favor the brightly colored fish
with predators like Osprey around!

Jim Levitt