*Forwarded to MOU-NET at the request of MN DNR:*

The DNR is aware of the recommendations put forth by the Raptor Center with
UMN and our own guidance, at this time, has not changed. We have not
received any confirmed reports of songbirds affected by this strain of
avian influenza. DNR guidance aligns with recommendations by the USGS
National Wildlife Health Center and USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection
Service, the leading authorities on this disease.

We do recommend individuals clean their bird feeders regularly, as this
helps protect birds against other infections, such as salmonella. Our best
practices for cleaning bird feeders are available on our website:
*mndnr.gov/birdfeeding/cleaning.html
<https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/birdfeeding/cleaning.html>*

To report sick or dead birds to the DNR and for additional information:
www.dnr.state.mn.us/ai

DNR Information Officer:
Morgan Sussman  morgan.sussm...@state.mn.us