I just got back into the realm of computers and on-line communication.
The second hand reporter got back to me that most of the many loons were in
Wayzata Bay off the yacht club and more were between Big Island and
Cottagewood, which is west of Big Island. He suggested looking south by the
Wayzata Yacht Club. There is a parking lot by the crane west of the
clubhouse. The group near Big Island was viewed from near or at Linwood
Beach.
I do not know any more.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN