Hi Orm,

You don't have to write anything in the Oz Compiler buffer nor in the Oz Emulator. There is another buffer called Oz, and there is where you want to write your code to be compiled. The #<buffer *Oz Compiler*> is used by the compiler to give you feedback. If the code is well written, you will see it in the #<buffer *Oz Compiler*> with "accepted" at the end. An error message will appear otherwise.

cheers
Boriss

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
Hi all,

I don't know whether this list is in german or english, so I use
english:

I installed mozart mozart-gtk mozart-doc and mozart-stdlib on my linux
box with Ubuntu dapper.

When I start oz it opens up emacs (I use latest emacs-snapshot (with
gtk)) and the window splits as wanted. Unfortunately the *oz-compiler*
seems to get opened read-only. Whenever trying to evaluate something
in the Oz buffer I get the error message:

error in process filter: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Oz Compiler*>

There is another buffer called *Oz Emulator* which displays the Mozart
Engine prompt and the correct evaluation output, so it seems to be
working in principle. It's just annoying to evaluate something as the
error message is displayed again in the minibuffer. Also a very
delayed output (ca. 4 seconds) of the "Hello World" example in the *Oz
Emulator* buffer seems to indicate there is something wrong.

Can somebody give some advice how to connect the two buffers properly
and set the *Oz-Compiler* buffer to read-write?

--
Orm