Hi,
I'm currently working on a digital signature applet and I would like to add support to Firefox keystores using JSS. I was surprised to find no direct way to get programmatically the path to the local user's certificate store. Previous posts say that it is possible to use XPCOM to do this but I'm not sure that introducing xpcom-applet communication is a "clean" alternative in terms of design.

Additionnally, this means that I have to deal with new security concerns related to applet-xpcom ommunication.

Currently, I'm using some "guessing" mechanisms to search the keystore in its usual location but I'm quite sure that this is not the best work around.

Is there any reason not to expose keystore location in JSS APIs? Are there other alternatives to detect it?

Thank you in advance for your help.