this is weird. i think its messed up somehow. set LD_NOVERSION as a workaround for now. if it doesnt help provide more details.

Jeff V wrote:
My build environment is:

uname -a

SunOS everest 5.8 Generic_117000-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

$(which g++) --version

g++ (GCC) 3.2 Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I had problems when I tried forcing gcc (also version 3.2 on this system) over g++, I seem to recall that the pre-build verification phase did not succeed so I let it default to g++.

Looking at the build log suggests that the "ld -G -h <filename>" that I see may need to become "-G -h <filename> -h SUNW_1.1", but this is just a guess so far.

(Ultimately, I may need to make this work on Solaris 7 as well, but that decision has not yet been made.)

Thanks,
Jeff

"Rich Megginson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jeff V wrote:

I'm running ldd and pvs on my resulting .so files, but I can't figure out how to give the .so files the internal version tags they need to have. My libldap*.so isn't usable because when it is found the internal version tag is missing and it is rejected.

I'm building libldap*.so because there's a timeout bug in the ldap client that I'm adding a fix for. This will be contributed to the project as soon as I successfully test the bug fix.

- Jeff

What is your OS, version, compiler, and version?