This is a followup to an old post...
/*
After struggling with this call failing (returns <0):

        // fails on iPlanet LDAP SDK 5.0, works on earlier versions
        ldapssl_client_init( "c:\\foo\\bar\\cert7.db", NULL )

I found this thread from a user that seems to have the same problem:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=B30C9DBF55CDD3119CA30090277A764B...

This call worked in older versions of the SDK, but with the LDAP SDK
5.0 you cannot have "cert7.db" in the path. It must be:

        ldapssl_client_init( "c:\\foo\\bar", NULL ) // works

This is very annoying -- it is both a regression and contrary to the
docs. Anyway, thought I'd post this in case anyone else experiences
the same problem.

http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/dirsdk/csdk41/html/function.htm#...
You can either specify the path to the directory containing the
certificate database (in which case the function assumes that the
database file is named cert7.db) or you can include the database
filename in the path.

Jamshid Afshar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*/

It seems that your key must also be called just key3.db.

So for me to get this to work, I had to rename both my cert and my key
I had
D:\SunOneDirectory\cert0\ceh-xp-00-cert7.db
D:\SunOneDirectory\cert0\ceh-xp-00-key3.db

and my function call was
nRet = ldapssl_client_init(
"D:\\SunOneDirectory\\cert0\\ceh-xp-00-cert7.db", NULL );
This, contrary to the docs causes -1 to be returned all the time.

After renaming my files to
D:\SunOneDirectory\cert0\cert7.db
D:\SunOneDirectory\cert0\key3.db

and my function call to
nRet = ldapssl_client_init( "D:\\SunOneDirectory\\cert0\\", NULL );

It began to work.

Does anyone use this api?  It seems to be to be a complete pain in the
ass so far.

Thanks