Niky Williams wrote:
I've been having some weird issues and I'm hoping some one can point me to
the right direction.  I've got a very  minimal HTML viewer setup and it
seems to work fine for what I'm needing...so far.  I'm using Win 2K BTW.
The issue I'm having is when there are JS popups.  The first time the popup
comes up, the dialog box is blank except for an "OK" and a "Cancel" button.
Neither of the buttons do anything, I have to click on the X in the upper
right hand corner for it to close out.  The second time I make the JS popup
come up (without closing out the app), the dialog text is there as it should
be and there is only the "OK" button there..which is how it should be.  But
I'm still having the issue that the "OK" button does not close out the
dialog box.  I have to close it out with the X button again.  Here is the
the error that I get that I think is most pertinent to my problem:

* Call to xpconnect wrapped JSObject produced this error:  *
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIAL
IZED) [nsIDOMJSWindow.setTimeout]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALI
ZED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml ::
_do
ButtonCommand :: line 246"  data: no]

Is that a modal window?

I guess that you need to use something like this:

var winWrapper = new XPCNativeWrapper(window, 'setTimeout()');
winWrapper.setTimeout(window.dosomething, 0);

in order to get setTimout() going.

Michael