Thanks for the quick reply Michael.  I meant to say I was using C++ for an
embedding app, forgot to mention that.  The JS popup that I have is just a
simple alert() when the user clicks on a link.  It calls my WindowCreator
function okay, and it creates the window and does what it needs to..least
what it appears to need to do.  I'm thinking the link between the buttons on
the JS alert dialog box and my chrome/app are broken somehow.  I can't seem
to find where in code what fires/should fire when I click on those buttons.
I used the winEmbed example as my guide (I know it's depreciated, but I
don't like MFC) and the alert() works fine on that..so I've been trying to
trace through that, but to no avail.

Niky Williams

"Michael Vincent van Rantwijk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Niky Williams wrote:
> > I've been having some weird issues and I'm hoping some one can point me
> > the right direction.  I've got a very  minimal HTML viewer setup and it
> > seems to work fine for what I'm needing...so far.  I'm using Win 2K BTW.
> > The issue I'm having is when there are JS popups.  The first time the
popup
> > comes up, the dialog box is blank except for an "OK" and a "Cancel"
button.
> > Neither of the buttons do anything, I have to click on the X in the
upper
> > right hand corner for it to close out.  The second time I make the JS
popup
> > come up (without closing out the app), the dialog text is there as it
should
> > be and there is only the "OK" button there..which is how it should be.
But
> > I'm still having the issue that the "OK" button does not close out the
> > dialog box.  I have to close it out with the X button again.  Here is
the
> > the error that I get that I think is most pertinent to my problem:

> > * Call to xpconnect wrapped JSObject produced this error:  *
> > [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001
> > (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIAL
> > IZED) [nsIDOMJSWindow.setTimeout]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001
> > (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALI
> > ZED)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml ::