Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> I don't suppose you can help with my other query about link extents?
>
> I'm not sure I saw this query.

Then I'll post it again:

I'm working on an application that uses Mozilla to render pages for
inclusion on a DVD.  DVDs can only include MPEG video and overlaid
bitmaps (subpictures) with a limited palette.  So I convert the page
into an MPEG video, set each link into its hover and active states and
copy the changes in appearance into a subpicture.  (I assume that
state changes don't cause reflow, though I know it isn't guaranteed.)

Currently I'm using nsIDOMNSDocument::GetBoxObjectFor to find the
extents of each link before scanning for changes, but this doesn't
always provide the correct extents for my purposes.  In particular,
the extents for links that contain images appear to be limited to the
height of a line of a text.  Is there a better way to do this, or
should I look for changes across the whole window?

--
Ben Hutchings
Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.