In the program I'm working on, WebDVD, I'm rendering web pages into
video frames.  These have non-square pixels (the width/height ratio is
59/55 for PAL and SECAM, 10/11 for NTSC) which ought to be compensated
for in text rendering.  Although these ratios are not hugely different
from 1, there's almost a 20% difference between the two, which can be
problematic if one wishes to use the same texts for both sizes of
frame.  Is there any way to tell Mozilla that the screen resolution
differs in the two dimensions, or at least to adjust the proportions
of the fonts it uses to compensate for this?

--
Ben Hutchings
Every program is either trivial or else contains at least one bug