Michael Taylor wrote:
make
Makefile:43: ../../config/autoconf.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:44: @top_srcdir@/config/rules.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target [EMAIL PROTECTED]@/config/rules.mk'.  Stop.

How did you create the makefile? Usually configure generates them. It sounds to me like someone/something copied the Makefile.in to Makefile unmodified.

I took a look and it seems that there is a config/autoconf.mk.in file that is not being processed. If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

This should also be created by configure. You couldn't do a build without it being correctly processed...

Are you using an objdir? If so, you need to use <objdir>/embedding/config.