OK, most people use Win9x. If one were to set up multiple user profiles in Win9x,
would:

a) Mozilla install its user files to that users directory?

b) would that directory be in any way protected from view by persons logging in
under another Win9x profile?

If either answer is NO, then Mozilla should consider implementing a profile
password to add even a minor layer of security to ones mail privacy, since if Win9x
doesn't encrypt or hide users' info from others, most people wouldn't bother to use
it.

If either answer is NO, then why are so many people using Win9x.? According to your
logic, this would "damage the reputation of the product (Win9x) as a whole and call
into question the integrity in other areas"? Then why are so many people using
Win9x? Despite why you or I may think about M$ and it's flawed OS, this is the
reality. Obviously, people are making their usage habits (Win9x & IE) based
primarily on convenience and not technically optimized criteria (or most people
would be using Win NT or Linux for security, but they mostly use Win9x - makes one
think, doesn't it). Mozilla must think very hard when deciding between what users
want and what is technically optimal. Mozilla must make this important compromise.

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo