I have been installing the nightly builds every day for the past
10+ weeks by simply copying the new files over the old ones.
Occasionally, I will delete the mozilla directory and copy the new
files into a new directory.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are aspects of mozilla that are
not being updated with this method:

1. prefs.js,
2. registry.dat,
3. mozregistry.dat
4. mozver.dat

What is the best way to get the full functionality of the newest
nightly builds, without having to recreate vital aspects of my
profile every day (newsgroups, stored passwords, IMAP, bookmarks,
addresses, etc)?

Which if the above files can be deleted / should be edited to do this?

Would a profile migration be the solution? How is this done?

There must be some "nifty" way you programmers are using that
doesn't loose all your settings but keeps mozilla up-to-date.

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo