On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:13:21 +0100, Peter Lairo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>try backing up and then deleting these files (one by one):
>
>1. prefs.js,
>2. registry.dat
>3. mozregistry.dat
>4. mozver.dat

I've backed up each file onto a CD and deleted each file.  It still
isn't working.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Netscape using a
new user profiles, a new partition of my hard drive, etc.  Still, I
click on the Icon I have on my desk top (or from the start menu), I
get a second of the opening logo screen, then a flash and Netscape is
closed.  A funny thing I've had happen is if I got to the Unofficial
Netscape FAQ page <http://www.ufaq.org/> using MIE and click on one of
the newsgroups listed, then Netscape opens.  It is unstable and often
shuts down after using it for a while, but it actually opens.  I'm at
a loss at what to do next.  I think I'll pass on the newest Mozilla
since I've already had this problem twice, but I really do not want to
give up on Netscape.  Anyone else have any ideas.