Dear Robert:

Let's either get back to the real thread at hand or kill the thread.

I know I am not a Duke (Ellington, Of Earl or otherwise). My postings
about the subject of CET was to enlighten people and to dispute the
implication that people that are CET's have intelligence of little
better than a turnip. (Whether said or implied.)

It's just a habit I've gotten into and is part of my signature line and
or my email address. It nothing to get bent out of shape over. BTW: I
have run into people that do use ME and EE after their names.

Robert Ennis wrote:

> Dear Cand. wirtsch. ing. Sebastian Späth:
>
> Well now that you got that off your chest, how are you? And what do you
> know about "such guys like me"? Such guys like me? How do you know what
> such a guy like me is anyhow? How do you know who you're talking to?
> "Childish ranting"? Give me a break. I'm sick of you Newsgroup Police
> with authoritarian personalities (where does that come from??) -
> individuals who think it's their responsibility to scold people saying
> things they somehow find offensive to the NG. Please forgive me. Sir.
>
> I say this with the greatest respect, Cand. wirtsch. ing. Sebastian
> Späth, since I would never accuse you of ranting childishly, even if
> what you said was insightful and intelligent, and who knows, someday it
> might be.
>
> And as far as Mr. CET is concerned, he can call himself whatever he
> wants, but if you think CET is anything close to Duke Ellington, then we
> really do have something to quarrel about. I know what CET is and I know
> plenty of CET's, and let me tell you something, there isn't a Duke among
> them.
>
> Do you follow me Cand. wirtsch. ing. Sebastian Späth?
>
> Cand. wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:00:52 -0500, Robert Ennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> I mean, with due respect all around, I operate in a world of eBiz and IT
> >> and there are so many "certified" techs of all description running
> >> around that it's a joke. None of them, I might add, adds the title to
> >> his/her name. Certification is not like a PHD. It's about learning what
> >> you can from a few books and taking a test. I know this because I'm
> >> involved in the process. There is no social or academic status attached
> >> to it.
> >>
> >> But the guy uses a middle initial too. So it kind of adds up doesn't it?
> >

> > I usually am really patient with such guys like you, but I have to say
> > that *you* really added up a lot shit too. I am damn close to find out
> > how kill files work and I never had to use that feature before.
> >
> > It is not that I don't have a sense of humour but your childish
> > ranting in several NGs is really annoying.
> > And if people want to use four middle names I wouldn't care, if that
> > is what people want to be called.
> > It seems to be Netiquette here to use your real life names (which is
> > ok), but what the heck is it your business if people feel their title
> > belongs to their name? Who are you to judge that, please?
> > It might be much important to people in other countries, cultures or
> > another education than yours, ever thought of that?
> >

> > Sorry, could not resist,
> > Cand. wirtsch. ing. Sebastian Späth

Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!