Scott Glasgow wrote:

> I have a table with 11 rows, five columns, a standard line item table for a
> quote request page. Rows 3 -11 display normally, but column 4 and 5 of the
> the first two rows are way too wide, with column five running off till it
> disappears (no right border) at the page border. I have examined the code
> carefully, and all rows are identical. I originally created the table by
> creating one row and then copy/pasting the others. The cells hold input
> values for the quote form. The table displays perfectly in IE, of course,
> but does this weird stuff in NS 4.75.
>
> I've read around on the Web looking for ideas, and I've already tried
> setting the table properties explicitly in pixels (width, height,
> cellpadding, etc.) and still no joy (this, BTW, worked on another table with
> a similar problem on another page).
>
> I haven't tried any other versions of Netscape, on the reasoning that if it
> won't work in 4.75 it probably won't in other versions either. Has anyone
> encountered something like this before? Is it available in any FAQs
> anywhere? I would appreciate any pointers you can give me to where I might
> find a solution to this. I you're interested in seeing the nature of the
> behavior, it's at http://www.extremesportswear.org/quotepage.htm.
>
> TIA,
> Scott Glasgow

Your first error was using Frontpage, which is notorious for generating
bad HTML code. It's so bad it caused a fatal error in the W3C validator:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremesportswear.org%2Fquotepage.htm

Don't blame the browser for weird displays of bad code. I'm surprised
mozilla displayed it reasonably well.