In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Scott G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Interesting. I was not aware that Mozilla/NS6 were complete rewrites.
>Beginning with which version?

The rewrite started about two years ago, when the idea of trying to build on
the NS4 codebase was dumped. Every version of Mozilla since about October 1998
has been from the new codebase. It's probably over 90% new code.

>Also, I have avoided d/l and install of NS6 because (a) our company's
>corporate standard is IE5.01 and (b) of the many problems I have seen with
>it in the various newsletters I subscribe to. Any idea when these will be
>addressed?

A lot of them are addressed already in Mozilla, which recently released
version 0.8. It'll hit 1.0 sometime in the second quarter of this year all
going well. I use it as my main browser now and have very few problems.
Netscape 6.5 should be based on version 1.0, so it might be worth waiting
until then if you want to try it out (or try Mozilla 0.8 now, as it's a big
step forward from Netscape 6).

ian.

 \ /
(@_@)  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/ (dark literature)