Glad to hear it. is there going to be a notice to when the switch will
occur on the current groups so that regulars can switch??

Garth Wallace wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>
> > The reason for all the spam you saw is that Mozilla.Org refuses to move
> > there news groups to a secure server. like the Netscape Newsgroups are.
> >
> > I follow several groups on secnews.netscape.com and we might see a piece
> > of spam once every year and a half.
> >
> > Yet there is spam on any of the Mozilla groups at least daily. And
> > appears almost on a weekly schedule.
> >
> > There are certain pieces of Spam that I can almost guarantee the day it
> > will show up on the Mozilla groups. And in some case rotates daily
> > between the Mozilla groups i follow. general, .java, .mac, .wishlist.
>
> IIRC the mozilla groups are going to be moved to a new (probably secure)
> server, most likely at the same time as the renaming of the hierarchy.
> Instead of netscape.public.mozilla.*, it'll be just mozilla.* The full
> renaming plan can be found here: http://www.mozilla.org.uk/newsgroups.txt

Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]