> > Right. I don't like the salted folder either -- it's an insult to a Mac
> > user who expects every file and folder on their system to have a
> > semi-understandable name. (the DOS-like `.slt' on the end of the name
> > increases its offensiveness.) But I'd rather have the salting always
> > happen, than present users with an inevitably incomprehensible pref for
> > it when they create a new profile.
>
> Simple dialog: "Would you like your preference files stored in a random
> directory for increased security?".

This might get the user thinking that the app would pick a random
directory on your hard drive to put it in.

Every other security feature we put in the browser for the users
protection (not allowing web pages to do malicious stuff, no cross-frame
scripting, whatever) isn't optional. Why should this be?

Anyway, this discussion has been had. If someone wants it changed, produce
patches and then we'll have something to talk about :-)

Gerv