> >> a pref for everything. The more we have, the more conditional forks in
> >> the code there are, and the greater its complexity and the greater the
>
>    So you have to pick and choose which you have because, obviously,
> the other extreme of having NO prefs also won't work.

Really? I would guess a large proportion of browser users never alter
_any_ pref (and this includes their home page.)

> I'm just saying
> that the override ability here is one which should not be left out.

Everyone has different prefs that "should not be left out."...

>    There isn't even a need for the user to be presented with a pref.
> There could be a simple change needed to a config file, which is
> documented but not presented in the GUI.  That way, only the people
> who really don't like it and are looking for a solution will see it.

Anyone who doesn't like this enough to be bothered with all that needs to
lighten up and get out more. There - I've said it. It's only software - 1s
and 0s. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.

Gerv