chris hofmann wrote:

> when you say "dies on startup"  does it crash and have the talkback
> dialog come up,
> or does it just sit there in a suspended/hung state?

It crashes, puts up the "Application Error" dialog (something about
trying to reference a bad address), and has the talkback dialog come up.
(When i originally tried it, it was the version without talkback;
so it only put up the Application error dialog ;-)

> go to your user profile directory and remove the folder/directory
> called "newcache" and try to start again.   see if that works.

I just tried that - same crash at startup.  I then proceeded to wipe
out the Cache directory as well - again, same result.  The only
way I've been able to get things to work again is to go back to
the 0.9 milestone build; if I install that over the nightly, everything
works ok.

> send comments/questions to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you want somebody
> to go dig out a stack trace for a talkback report you have sent in or
> try to correlate your problem to something others might be seeing.

I guess I'll file a bug and reference the talkback report.  Thanks for
the suggestions,
Tom