Steve Carroll wrote:

> I'm having problems with jpg files on my web server not being displayed
> correctly in Mozilla.  If I load any jpg file directly --
> http://sciastro.net/test.jpg  for example -- only gibberish text is
> displayed.  If that same file is included in an html file, it displays
> fine.
>
> No problem with IE.
>
> I no longer have netscape 4.X installed, so don't know if there is a
> problem there or not.
>
> I DO NOT have this problem on most web pages --- only those hosted on
> the hosting company I use.  And yes, Vie contacted them -- the response
> was Mozilla?  what's that"
>
> Is this some kind of mime problem?
>
> Please help!  I have a lot of photo albums pages on my web site that
> aren't working right with Mozilla!

The server is sending the wrong MIME type for the picture.  This isn't a
problem in IE, as it ignores the MIME type and looks at the extension.
For instance, if you name it picture.zip IE will attempt to open your
zipping/unzipping program.  If you rename a picture to picture.zip with
Mozilla, but the server still sends image/jpeg, the picture will display
correctly.  It's a server issue.  Tell them, "Your server sends the
wrong MIME type for an image"