Crash Course wrote:

>      I installed the newest version of mozilla an our or so ago.
> Everything seemed to run fine until I tried to run it as myself instead
> of as root (I installed it as root of course though).
>
> Here is the dump I get when trying to run (by typing
> "/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla" on the command line):
>
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/mozilla
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mozilla:/usr/local/mozilla/plugins
>      LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mozilla:/usr/local/mozilla/components
>        SHLIB_PATH=/usr/local/mozilla
>           LIBPATH=/usr/local/mozilla
>        ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/mozilla
>       MOZ_PROGRAM=/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla-bin
>       MOZ_TOOLKIT=
>         moz_debug=0
>      moz_debugger=
> /usr/local/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh: line 72: 14026 Segmentation fault
> $prog ${1+"$@"}

I had this problem as well, it's because most of the files are only
accessible as root when installed (I don't normally have this problem).
I did a quick:

chmod -R a+rx *

in the /usr/local/mozilla/ directory to get it running, but will be
writing a script to do it properly tonight (you want to do chmod a+rx on
all directories/executables and chmod a+r on all other files).

I'm not sure why this release had these problems, it may just be the sea
installer version.

ian.