John L Merrill wrote:

> * wrote:
>
>> To Whom It May Concern,
>> It's probably too early to make comments, but I'm too enthused to keep
>> quiet.
>> I just downloaded and installed Mozilla 0.9.1. (I'm using SuSE 6.2, 64mb,
>> amd k6-500 if it matters...oh, and XFree86 3.3.6).
>> I'm very impressed at its' speed. It *goes away* when I want it to (a
>> problem
>> I've had running Netscape 4.72 or 4.79). It also loads fast and I esp
>> like
>> the fact you can make the side-bar disappear when you want it to.
>> Pages look
>> great (wich I would expect :p).
>> I'm totally blown out of the water because I have run previous builds of
>> Mozilla and did not like them at all...I was surprised to see an *actual*
>> UI there (it was very extremely rough on the build I'd used before, sorry
>> I don't remember the number). I've also used NS 6 (and you'll notice that
>> I mainly compared Mozilla to NS 4).
>>
>> I haven't decided if I want to use Mozilla full-time yet or not...but
>> I'm totally impressed and I'm sure that if I don't now, it's a matter
>> of time.
>>
>> Sorry if my feedback here is too vague to be meaningful...I'll be
>> watching
>> this thread and will happily give more detail if desired (or bugger
>> off if
>> *that* is desired.. :p).
>>
>> Thanks again!
>> -Random
>>
> I was about ready to throw in the towel on Mozilla myself. But whatever
> happened in this build is like going from night to day. I've had no
> crashes so far.

Agreed. I installed the Netscape initial 6.0 release as well as a ton of
the earlier Mozilla builds and none of them worked well enough to use.
I just installed 0.9.2/WIN32 and I am *really* impressed.
It is much much faster, it imported all my old bookmarks, the news/mail
stuff works much better (even seem to have all the options
missing/hidden from previous builds)

I think I have finally found a usable browser ....

Nick