Gavin Long wrote:

> Most of us this side of the Atlantic pay for internet connections (over
> 56k modems) by the minute.  Charges in the UK are approx 3-5 pence (that's
> ~5-7 cents) per minute during weekdays, dropping to about 0.6-1 pence per
> minute (about 1-1.5 cents) at the weekend.  AFAIK, charges in Germany are
> broadly comparable.  I can't comment in detail on the rest of the EU.

In Germany, basically one "flatrate" for home users is left, and it's
only for ADSL. It's $30 dollars/month. But the normal connection method
for most people is dialup modem/ISDN connections for 2 - 4 pfennige
(approx. 1 - 2 cents) a minute, some ISPs have extra monthly charges
with "free hours" combinations. There are horribly expensive flatrates
for business users and rich home users for like $90/month. Most flatrate
ISPs died last year due to high costs they had to pay to the
monopolistic German telekom (which still owns the so-called "last mile"
to the end user).

> Now returning you to our scheduled holy war on HTML vs. plain text
> posting.
>
> Those of you wanting to join in our regular holy war re: top vs. bottom
> quoting should see the thread "Mozilla should put the Signature ABOVE..."
> elsewhere in this group.

LOL, let's also start a thread why Outlook Express sucks.. :)

Here, let me start...

> --

^^^^^^

Your sig is wrong! You have "--", but it's supposed to be "-- ". There
you go! :))

Holger
--
Leela: "Just relax, Bender. Tomorrow we'll pry you down, have a nice
breakfast, and then go hunt down and slaughter that ancient evil."