Hello, It's not an answer; but I am confirming your problem and I also
would like a solution.
I saw Mozilla 0.9.1 working with Java very well (from binaries). I
installed 0.9.2 from source and when it needed jvm, it came as plug-in. Now
mozilla closes in every page with java.
Hope someone says the solution.