Christopher Jahn wrote:

> And it came to pass that Peter Lairo wrote:
>

>>J.B. Moreno wrote:

>>>Ah, well, that doesn't really have anything to do with
>>>anything.  At least not anything to do with why the
>>>signature should come after the body.  As has been said any
>>>number of times, the reason the signature comes after the
>>>body is because that is what it *is*: the text that comes
>>>after the body, and is separated by it by the sigdash.
>>>

>>Wrong, *MY signature should come after MY body text*, and
>>not way down below after a bunch of other body texts by any
>>number of people.
>>

> No, Peter, YOU'RE wrong; by quoting those people, you've made
> those texts a PART of your message.
> The solution you need isn't to break the .sig, but to place the
> quotes into an attached file.

That's silly, when I send a fax and attach another document for
reference, I don't put my signature at the end of the last atachment, I
put it at the end of my own fax document (THEN come the attachments). So
whether i'm forwarding/replying inline or with attachments should make
no difference. *My signarure should be at the end of my text*.

>>>To speak of the sig being in the middle of the message is
>>>roughly the equivalent of talking about the headers that
>>>come in the middle of the message.
>>>

>>Wrong again, it's a matter of *MY signature coming after MY
>>body text*. It's so clear, I don't see why you don't get it.
>>

> Because you're wrong ;-)
>
> As stated above, by quoting, you make the quotes a part of *your
> mesage*.  THAT's so clear, I don't see why YOU don't get it.
>
> It's the same in ANY correspondence.  The rules of style and
> format do not change with the medium.

I see your point, but I disagree. I think it's a matter of preference or how one
chooses to view it. I see it as follows:

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo