Garth Wallace* ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
"WTF was this [...?]"

 From: Dramar Ankalle
 Subject: Re: U.S. Govt., 19th Century microbiological LUDDITES!!
 Newsgroups: soc.culture.china, alt.politics.org.cia
 Date: 2001-08-01 19:57:41 PST

Earth Observing System                                      4-37
Space-Based Observing System                           4-37
http://www.buscom.com/archive/GB144.html
GB-117---Nonlinear Optical Materials:
New Technologies, Applications, and Markets
http://www.buscom.com/archive/GB103R.html

Colin Winfre wrote in message
> U.S. Govt., 19th Century microbiological LUDDITES!!
> http://www.google.com/search?q=microbiological+luddites
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hans Hogrefe, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> director for the Congressional Human Rights Caucus.
> http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.html
> http://www.house.gov/writerep/
>
> http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tstjlee/cloning/proscons.htm
> http://www.gene.ch/info4action/1998/Dec/msg00009.html
> http://www.gene.ch/archives.html
>
> http://www.dce.ksu.edu/dce/cl/microbiology/
>
> Ellakna Ramard wrote:
>
> > > Koyaanisqatsi Fahrvergnugen wrote in
> > > message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > My money's (metaphorically speaking) on the tripartite
> > > merger of the "global, military/industrial complex", the
> > > "entertainment industry", and the cybernetics of the
> > > iconolastic, ontologically minded, A.I. expediting
> > > physicist-laborers who are plucking "superluminal volocities
> > > attained by practical propellantless propulsion systems" out
> > > of their (or somebody's) heads!
> > > Or has that particular three-way merger already occurred?
> > > I suspect it will be recognizable by a general increase
> > > in __________...?
> > >

> >   staged coincidences ?
> >

> E.C.C.O.
>
> The Earth Coincidence Control Office:
>           http://peyote.com/jonstef/johnlilly.htm
>            http://www.google.com/search?q=John+Lilly+Coincidence+Control
>             http://www.tomigaya.shibuya.tokyo.jp/lilly/
>

>       Chairman of the Tibet Autonomous Regional People's Government
>       Legchog Zhuren
>       Xizang Zizhiqu Renmin Zhengfu
>       1 Kang'angdonglu
>       Lasashi 850000, Xizang Zizhiqu
>       People's Republic of China
>
>       Director of the Tibet Autonomous Regional Bureau of Justice
>       ZHAXI Dunzhu Juzhang
>       Sifaju
>       Duodilu, Lasashi 850000
>       Xizang Zizhiqu
>       People's Republic of China
>
>       Prison Governor, Drapchi Prison
>       Tibet Autonomous Regional Prison
>       No.1
>       Jianyuzhang
>       Xizang Di Yi Jianyu
>       Lasashi Zizhiqu
>       People's Republic of China
>
>       Ambassador Li Zhaoxing
>       Embassy of the People's Republic of China
>       2300 Connecticut Avenue, NW
>       Washington, D.C. 20008
>

> "...Air Force Research Lab's high-power systems
> branch will aid Penn State and NASA in experiments
> that could lead to a matter/anti matter engine..."
> http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0399/energy.htm

Before begining let us list briefly some important historical information
which help to understand the findings. Stefan found experimentally in 1879
that the total bolometric flux of radiation F emitted by a blackbody at a
temperature T is given by F=s T4, where s is now called Stefan-Boltzmann's
constant (5.67 x 10-8 Wm-2K-4). The theoretical derivation of this
expression was obtained by Boltzmann in 1884. In 1924 Hubble established
that the nebulae are stellar systems outside the Milky Way. In 1929 he
obtained the famous redshift-distance law.
http://www.dfi.uem.br/~macedane/history_of_2.7k.html

PHYSICS NEWS UPDATE
NUMBER 537, MAY 2, 2001

Major New Cosmic Microwave Background Measurements Major new cosmic
background (CMB) measurements uphold the idea of an early "inflationary" era
during which the observable universe expanded with superluminal speed and
tiny quantum fluctuations in the density of matter were amplified into much
larger structures. These structures are imprinted in the CMB as faint
variations in the temperature across the microwave sky. The CMB, the curtain
of photons set free when the expanding universe became cool enough to permit
the existence of neutral atoms, is the earliest, largest, and furthest
observable thing in all of science. The best way to extract cosmological
information from the CMB is to plot the observed microwave power as a
function of the angular size of regions contributing to the CMB. The
inflation model predicts that this spectrum should feature a number of
peaks. The first peak, at an angular size of about 1 degree (about twice the
angular size of the Moon), corresponds to the largest blobs of matter in the
primordial plasma at the time of the CMB (about 400,000 years after the big
bang). Subsequent peaks should correspond to blobs that had come together
under the action of gravity but had then rebounded outward because of
radiation pressure, and later still had condensed for a second or third
time, etc. A year ago the Boomerang collaboration, which used a
balloon-based detector floating over Antarctica, provided a detailed map
(Update 481) of the first peak which, besides falling at the 1-degree size
predicted by inflation, also determined that the overall curvature of the
universe was zero. But Boomerang, and another detector group, Maxima, saw
scant evidence of any other peaks, and this puzzled astronomers. All this
changed earlier in the week at the American Physical Society (APS) meeting
in Washington, DC, where the Degree Angular Scale Interferometer (DASI)
collaboration, which parks its microwave detector on the roof of NSF's South
Pole station, presented solid evidence for a second and third peak. The DASI
results (John Carlstrom, University of Chicago, 773-834-0269) were largely
in concert with Boomerang's presentation at the meeting (Barth Netterfield,
Univ Toronto, 416-946-5465); Boomerang used a new type of analysis and
reported 14 times more data than last year. The microwave spectra for the
two groups were similar (see figures here, and here) as were the values of
various cosmological parameters. For example, the position of the first peak
yields the total energy of the universe (a parameter, denoted by the letter
omega, expressed as a fraction of the critical density needed for halting
the cosmological expansion). Boomerang and DASI found values of 1.03 and
1.04, respectively, with about a 6% uncertainty. Comparing the height of the
first and second peaks, one can calculate the expected percentage of all
energy in the universe that exists in the form of ordinary matter (baryons).
This turns out to be about 5% for both groups, a fact that agrees well with
predictions made by the independent "big bang nucleosynthesis" theory. It is
harder to nail down other cosmological parameters, such as the percentage of
energy in the form of dark matter or dark energy (energy lurking in the
vacuum and responsible for the newly discovered net acceleration in the
cosmological expansion). The new CMB measurements suggest values of about
30% and 65%, respectively, again in keeping with recent expectations. New
Maxima results (Shaul Hanany, Univ Minnesota, 612-626-8929) presented at the
meeting did not have nearly the statistical weight of the other two groups,
but were generally consistent; the three-way agreement brought a great round
of applause from the audience of astronomers eager to unravel the mysteries
of the early universe. Noted cosmologist Michael Turner (Univ Chicago,
773-702-7974) observed that last year's discovery of the first microwave
peak constituted the first great vindication for the Inflation model and
that this new discovery of secondary peaks was the second great vindication.
The third type of evidence, Turner said, would be the detection of gravity
waves from before the time of the CMB. (Recently posted preprints on the Los
Alamos server include the following: Maxima astro-ph/014459; Boomerang
astro-ph/0104460; and DASI astro-ph/0104488, 89, and 90.)

Unexpected Physics Conditions in RHIC Collisions At the APS meeting,
speakers from all four detector groups (BRAHMS, PHENIX, PHOBOS, STAR) at the
Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) agreed that it is too early to
declare a sighting of the coveted quark-gluon plasma (QGP), a primordial
soup of free-ranging quarks and gluons. But presenters said they found
preliminary signs of tantalizing QGP "prerequisites." Studying the products
of RHIC's collisions between near-light-speed-velocity gold-ion beams, all
four detector groups measured a more equal ratio of antiprotons to protons
(roughly a 3:2 ratio, according to BRAHMS measurements) than ever before
seen in nuclear collisions. This is the closest reproduction yet of the
matter-antimatter balance thought to prevail at the time of the Big Bang
than previously achieved in the laboratory, said PHOBOS member Russell Betts
(U. Illinois at Chicago). In fact, the abundance of protons and antiprotons
in the collision products was surprising, raising possibilities of a new
production mechanism for proton-antiproton pairs or a suppression in the
production of lighter particles, said PHENIX's Sam Aronson (Brookhaven).
Studying the highest-momentum products moving transversely to the direction
of the ion beams, the groups found hints of "jet quenching," the idea that
the particles lose significant energy while traveling through the collision
fireball. Such a large energy loss does not occur in ordinary nuclear
matter. In addition, the STAR collaboration observed that the collision
fireball expanded violently, at supersonic speeds. Voicing a minority view,
STAR member John Cramer (U. Washington) speculated that such a violently
exploding fireball may mean that RHIC is operating at energies higher than
those required for creating a QGP (expected by some to expand more gently).
However, all agree that the picture will become clearer in RHIC's next
experimental run, slated to begin later this month, in which the groups
expect to gather 10-100 times more data from the accelerator, which will be
able to run, for the first time, at its maximum energy of 100 GeV/nucleon.
http://phys.asm.md/General/Links/PNU.html