It's a rather painful process, I just did it today :(

1. create a new profile
2. copy old bookmarks.html to new (overwrite)
3. copy old abook.mab to new (overwrite)
3a. if you have many "address books" you're almost screwed - create all
AB names in new profile.
3b. copy new abook-1.mab over old abook.mab.
3c. open new profile and copy all addresses from personal AB to new AB
(e.g. family)
3d. repeat steps 3b and 3c for all AB's.
4. copy old "\local folders" over new.
5. manually recreate all POP and/or IMAP accounts.
6. manually recreate all newsgroup accounts.
7. manually recreate all your preferences.
8. reinstall/copy all plugings
9. redownload all themes
10. etc etc etc

I hope they finally add a profile import/merge tool, at LEAST for
address books and bookmarks :(

--

Regards,

Peter Lairo