And it came to pass that Peter Lairo wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I want to move my mozilla stuff to another directory.  When
>> I do I figured mozilla would look for it but it doesn't.
>> How do you move stuff in windows?
>
> It's a rather painful process, I just did it today :(
>
> 1. create a new profile
> 2. copy old bookmarks.html to new (overwrite)
> 3. copy old abook.mab to new (overwrite)
> 3a. if you have many "address books" you're almost screwed -
> create all AB names in new profile.
> 3b. copy new abook-1.mab over old abook.mab.
> 3c. open new profile and copy all addresses from personal AB
> to new AB (e.g. family)
> 3d. repeat steps 3b and 3c for all AB's.
> 4. copy old "\local folders" over new.
> 5. manually recreate all POP and/or IMAP accounts.
> 6. manually recreate all newsgroup accounts.
> 7. manually recreate all your preferences.
> 8. reinstall/copy all plugings
> 9. redownload all themes
> 10. etc etc etc
>
> I hope they finally add a profile import/merge tool, at
> LEAST for address books and bookmarks :(

There IS an import function for both bookmarks and address
books.   It IS unfortunate that it won't import
addressbooks directly from Communicator (you have to EXPORT the
addressbook to an ".ldif" file, and IMPORT it as text), but it
does work.

And while they don't merge, they do appear in a clearly marked
folder.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(         Dionysian Reveler

Don't believe them, don't believe them, question everything
you're told

To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom