> How about this http://www.mozilla.org/get-involved.html (from the front
> page of www.mozilla.org) If after reading that, a new and interested

   Yes, I know about this.

   Why is there no link to this off of the main Bugzilla page?

   What is so hard about putting a link to that query of yours on the
main Bugzilla page also?

> contributor get's stuck then s/he should post something to the newsgroup
> or join IRC or comment in a bug that s/he is interested in fixing

   Why not that Q&A document, along the excellently (I feel like I'm
in a Keanu Reeves film after saying that) informational post you made

> contributor can't make it that far I don't think any further links to
> bugs is going to help.

   So what you're REALLY saying is that you want to make things
difficult for newcomers as a kind of test of their worthiness?  Things
shouldn't be made any easier for them because you only want people who
can get through the hurdles on their own to become part of the team?

      Jason.