Asa Dotzler wrote:
> Andrew MacDonald wrote:
>>
>> I'll check out IRC when I get a chance - never really learned to use
>> that before (dunno how hard it is or even any good OSX IRC clients?).
>> I'm more interested in working on the backend stuff, but the learning
>> curve looks very steep, and I might be interested in moving into some
>> frontend stuff just to get my feet wet and see how it all works. Right
>> now I'm working on getting my build environment setup... where do you
>> recommend I start?

> Hope this help some. I'm sure some others can add useful info that I've
> left off. (I surely left off the names of some very helpful people who
> might chime in [sorry folks] or who you will find as you get to know
> people.)
>
> --Asa

About hacking backend... Usually, people start with the frontend to
become familiar with it. As they dig deeper, they also get to know the
backend.

Starting out with the backend immediately may be a little rough.

Our backend is built up using XP (cross-platform) frameworks such as:
XPCONNECT, XPCOM and XPIDL. There are a few good documents on each of
these technologies up on mozilla.org, but the most valuable source is of
course the actual code (lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey) and for specific
questions #mozilla.

--
Håkan Waara ([EMAIL PROTECTED])