JTK wrote:
> Just what you said: always delete (or overwrite with the new versions)
> component.reg, *.xpt, *.dll, and *.exe from your mozilla install
> directory, and these things shall cease to happen amongst us.  Isn't
> that what you're saying?

Beats me, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The bottom line is trash your whole
Mozilla\Bin directory, and start over. This is a pre-beta package, so I really
wouldn't expect a whole lot from an installer.

> So you're trying to tell me that the installer "can't" overwrite
> binaries and scripts that it installed the day before?

"won't" is probably a better term. From day to day anything can change, files
can appear and disappear, so how do you delete a file that doesn't yet exist, or
it's not expecting to exists anymore, etc? You can't. Uninstall it first. The
installer is built to install a nightly, nothing more. Frankly, it's a lot
easier to DL the zips with a script. I've got a simple batch file written to
fetch and install the talkback nightlies. If you wish, I'll give you a copy.

--
jesus X  [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
 email   [ jesusx @ who.net ]