JTK wrote:
> 1.  It appears to not build on the 9x series, only the NT series.  That
> kinda sucks, especially since I don't have Why2K at home.

I've built it on 98 and 98SE. You have to set all the switches right though.

> 2.  The requirement of command.com/cmd.exe has got to go.  Even on NT we
> all know it's a disaster, and is probably the reason behind #1.

Um, no, it's not a disaster.

> 3.  Someone still needs to explain to me why the 'wintools' are needed
> when the equivalent (== much better) Cygwin ones are already there.

Let's say this again: They do not server the proper data we need to maintain
maximum XP compatibility. The end.

> 4.  Did I see a Win***16*** target in there?!?!?  Lord.

Possibly, that that's legacy code. Needs disposed of, soon.

> 5.  Someone also needs to explain to me why I can't do a simple 'cvs
> update'.  I know there's lots of branches and whatnot - gcc has the same
> issues and yet doesn't have these cvs problems.

Couldn't tell you. I grab the occasional tarball...

--
jesus X  [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
 email   [ jesusx @ who.net ]