Hi Chuck--

If you've been going by the XBL1.0 document on mozilla.org, that
document merely defines what XBL *should* be, not necessarily what
Mozilla currently has implemented.  It was drafted for submission to the
W3C for consideration.

Also, there have been some changes in the XBL syntax since many of the
online tutorials were written, that's probably why they don't work for you.

If you include specific parts of your code that aren't working, the
folks at netscape.public.mozilla.xbl can probably help.

--J