Hey,

I do a large amount of local development work with Mozilla and Netscape
6.x ... running off a locally installed web server such as IIS or Apache.

Here's the deal:

Basically, on pages with lots of table structures and many sliced
graphics (we're talking pages with total sizes upwards of 50k) the pages
almost never finish loading and the graphics frequently fail to load,
leaving the page incomplete.  Externally loading files, other than the
core html, seem to fail frequently, even reloading.  Images, CSS files,
and JS files frequently do not load.  The page comes up all distorted
(because empty alt tags are being inserted where spacers where, etc.)
and frequently unreadable.

I'm a big fan and advocate of Mozilla, but this can be a real problem
for a local developer.  I've checked and the problem is happening on my
home machine, my work machine, and two other machines at work running
IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Professional.  As you may or may not know, IIS
on Win2k Professional is limited to 10 simulatneous connections, because
Micro$oft wants you to use Server.

I checked some HTML/PHP sites on Apache and although I can't use it for
the project I'm on right now (much of what we do is ASP stuff, sorry!)
and guess what? Lets hear it for open source, huh? It works fine on
Apache.  Particularly the static ones are telling.  Only thing I can
think of is, no connection limits.

Almost like Mozilla times out connection limits too soon, or something.

That's the only thing I can think of as being the culprit, but I know
very little about the HTTP connections and how Mozilla reads 'em.

I was wondering if anyone else, maybe someone involved in Necko or what
have you could look into this, check the connections, etc. etc. etc.

I'd appreciate it.  It is a bit of a problem, because Mozilla is the
only browser that displays this problem, and so all those great
Microsoft Developers which are developing ASP apps locally which we want
to convert to Mozilla "true believers" will automatically open up
Mozilla and be like, "what is this crap??".

Thanks.
:rob