Mike Lee wrote:

> I don't see the signifcant of GPL everything. Only advantage is people
> can link mozilla to GPL program,

>From what folks are telling me here, that's not the case.  I've been
told on numerous occaisons that GPLed work cannot be added to Mozilla,
so I don't see how the reverse could possibly work.  So the bottom line
is that this dual-licensing is at best a wast of time, at worst a
thinly-veiled ploy to con coders into thinking they're not working for
AOL unpaid.

> but MPL will still be what mozilla is
> distributed as, with GPL as alternative license. Since GPL will
> essentually prevent third-party proprietary plugins.

Whatever, I still maintain that LGPLing the whole works solves
everybody's stated problems.  But then we got that 2/3rds of the code
that's NPLed, and no intention on AOLs part to change that or accept
changes to it.

> I like MPL, don't know if you agree or not,

I do not.

> but I think its more liberal
> than GPL by far. Heck even NPL is ok with me, if I recall correctly NPL
> is essentually MPL repackaged to allow Netscape within the two year
> period of release not bound to NPL.

If AOL wants to have their cake and eat it to, the LGPL allows them to
do that.

> While you poking around the license of individual files, do you want to
> also checkout how many files Netscape contributed to?

I don't know how that would be possible the way my script is set up (I'm
working from locally checked-out files, not searching bugzilla or
something).  But I would expect they've touched nearly all of them.