> Damn, it would have been a better joke had I said "9,640 /files/".  Ah
> well, live and learn if you're not careful.

That's very cool. I'll remember that.

>>>- Script has been made a bit more discerning at the request of Mr.
>>>Markham, resulting in the new counts for LGPL (none),
>>>
>>That's not true. There are at least two. Can you find them?
>
> Ah, I can now.  And it's more like 70-some.  I was looking for "Lesser"
> and not taking crusty old "Library" into account.  Fixed and fixed.  But
> be it 70 or 0, I still call it "negligible".

Actually, only two are straight LGPL - the others are all dually-licensed.

>>(This is so like "Where's Wally", which I think you guys call "Where's
>>Waldo...)
>
> Well, except the licenses aren't wearing striped shirts and goofy
> stocking caps.

Now there's an idea...

>>Your script will have to be quite smart to catch all the BSD variants.
>
> Oh it is Gerv, it is.  In fact, it may be the smartest Perl script ever
> devised.  But as far as BSD goes, it just looks for "Regents of the
> University of California".  Will that not catch any and all variants?

Regents of the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor? It's not just the
University of Berkeley, or universities in general, that use the BSD
license.

>>How about the binary macbuild files in macbuild directories?
>
> Why would I have mac binaries on my WhyME machine?

The mac binary build files get pulled by everyone. CVS doesn't know what
your machine architecture is. Look for directories called macbuild.

>>What about gifs, jpegs, pngs and other assorted binaries with about 20
>>different file extensions?
>
> Here's the binary situation: Any obj's, exe's, and dll's are explicitly
> excluded.  Everything else is left to the auspices of grep's -I option.
> But it probably wouldn't hurt to explicitly exclude known binary files,
> again in the interest of speed if nothing else, so I'll add some of that
> too.
>
> That said, any graphics files in there are covered by some sort of
> license, right?  How is that specified?

That's a very good question :-)

> It'll get more fun the fewer NPLed files show up in my posts.  Oh wait,
> and it'll get even funner than that if I attach the script!  Take a look
> and see what you think.  This version incoporates a few of these
> suggestions, so is not exactly the one which generated the above
> numbers.
>
> But be warned: it's GPLed.  Only GPLed.

Don't worry; we won't be incorporating it into Mozilla.

Gerv